Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Handicapped Parking Spot???

As if it isn't hard enough for anyone who is mobility challenged to endure a winter in New England, a brilliant snow plow driver decided to make it even worse. Check out this picture I snapped while out shopping over the weekend...




Seriously buddy, why you would choose to pile the snow up in the 2 handicapped spots near the store entrance as opposed to the 500 empty spots in the lot is so beyond me. I was so fired up about this I can't even tell you. Not only is it unfair to my little sweetie (who, by the way has taken two awful falls on the snow/ice covered pavement this winter), but what about those who are in wheelchairs, or require an oxygen tank just to take a few steps, or are 90 years old and blind like my grandmother??? I wish I knew who this genius snow plow driver was so that I could take this mountain of snow and pile it up 12 feet high on his driveway.

I hate to put so much faith in a rodent, but I'm holding out hope for that early spring that Punxsutawney Phil promised...

2 comments:

  1. How annoying! We had a similar situation at our school! There are 3 handicapped parking spots and for quite awhile after the heavy snows I could only park in one of them because the others were not completely plowed. I understand they have limited parking but seriously?? The handicapped spots are the most important spots in the lot, in my mind. Of course, most people don't have to think about things from our perspective so they don't think at all. Grrrr! I'm with you...come on spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me frustrated too. How inconsiderate can other people be?

    ReplyDelete