Monday, November 16, 2009

Bi-Valve Casts

Here is a look at the casts Kaitlyn wears every night. I look at them, and think - UGH, what a pain in the neck! How uncomfortable is it to sleep with those heavy things on your legs??? But, in true Kaitlyn fashion, I haven't heard a complaint yet. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, but her positive attitude and her ability to take every new procedure or therapy in stride is just amazing. She really inspires me to try to complain less!!!

Wearing these each night should help her to maintain the new alignment in her ankle and heel.

Kaitlyn is still struggling to get back to her pre-casts abilities. She's not walking on her own at all, and is a little unsteady with her crutches. However, she's getting a little better as time goes by.

She's busy in therapy working to gain some strength back and get accustomed to her new alignment. Today she used the estim in therapy, and responded to it quite well! She actually asked the therapist to turn the electrical stimulation up!



She doesn't look uncomfortable to me!




Suddenly camera shy - but a good look at the casts!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! She IS amazing! I can't believe how strong she is. Way to go, Kaitlyn! Good luck with the new casts.

    ReplyDelete